MakeUseOf

Monday, July 2, 2012

Drupal vs BuddyPress as a Social Networking site | drupal.org

Drupal vs BuddyPress as a Social Networking site | drupal.org: "Drupal, probably more so than any package listed, is capable of being the premier choice for a social network site. It really all depends on what modules are developed, and that depends on those who have the good hearts and the know-how to create those modules.

If I had the time and the php knowledge, I'd be right there with them, building modules. Alas, neither time nor training is mine at the moment. I don't know what the technical limits of Drupal are (and ALL software has limitations), but I'd hazard a guess that most if not all of the modules needed to make such a site could be developed if someone was so inclined.

I don't know about the current state of Dolphin, but last time I was looking at it, it was buggy and lacking some necessary components unless you were willing to pay for them"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment